Marine collagen has become a magnificence buzzword lately, and a few have even called it the next health superfood. Research suggests marine collagen health benefits range from weight and muscle maintenance, to bone and joint help, to promoting healthy tissue progress of the hair, skin and nails.* Collagen can also be an important component of the intestine’s connective tissue and may help assist the protective lining of the digestive tract.* In this put up we’ll explore the distinctive health and sweetness benefits of marine collagen peptides.
What is marine collagen?
Marine collagen is a pure type of hypoallergenic protein produced from the skins of fish. Fish skins remaining from meals production are thoroughly washed, then hydrolyzed by an acid and a food grade enzyme to yield marine collagen peptides, which have a low molecular weight for straightforward digestion and absorption.
Although all collagen is composed of the same amino acids, marine collagen differs from bovine or porcine-derived collagen in that it comprises higher amounts of the amino acids Glycine and Proline, which have been significantly related with promoting healthy hair, skin and nails.* Marine Collagen can also be absorbed into the body faster.*
Marine Collagen Benefits
Marine collagen peptides are comprised of types of collagen, types I & III. Type I and Type III collagen benefits embody promoting healthy hair and nail growth, improving skin elasticity and hydration, as well as supporting joint health and function, bone power and healthy body composition.
• Skin elasticity and hydration: Research have shown that oral supplementation with collagen peptides may improve hallmarks of skin aging, reminiscent of elasticity and hydration.* In a single recent scientific examine, marine collagen peptides were combined with plant-derived antioxidants. Skin properties together with elasticity, sebum production, epidermal/dermal thickness and collagen density have been remarkably improved after 2 months of supplementation 1 A really helpful dose of 10 grams (2 tablespoons) a day of marine collagen is perfect for skin health.*
• Healthy nail development: One recent examine demonstrated that the every day ingestion of bioactive collagen peptides elevated nail progress and improved brittle nails in conjunction with a notable decrease within the frequency of broken nails.
• Improved cellulite morphology: Dietary supplementation with particular collagen peptides has been shown to have a body mass index-dependent beneficial effect on cellulite morphology and appearance.
• Bone and joint help: Though Type II collagen is more particular for joint help, hydrolyzed collagen basically is of interest as a possible therapeutic agent in the therapy of osteoarthritis and osteoporosis, with a strong safety profile.*
• Body composition: Compared with placebo, collagen peptide supplementation together with resistance training additional improved body composition by rising lean mass, muscle power and fats loss in elderly sarcopenic men.4 Marine collagen also helps provide a full feeling (satiety) for consumers who’re making an attempt to drop a few pounds, and preliminary animal research suggests it could promote healthy blood sugar balance.*
Why Select Vital Nutrients Marine Collagen?
Vital Nutrients’ newest product, marine collagen, provides 9.4 grams of protein per serving, and eight out of 9 essential amino acids. Our hydrolyzed collagen powder accommodates no odor or taste, is simple to digest, and readily dissolves in hot or cold liquids or soft meals, resembling coffee, smoothies, protein shakes, soups or sauces.
Our marine collagen is sourced from fish, but during the extraction process, nearly all allergens are removed from the collagen. Of course, anybody with a fish allergy should consult their doctor earlier than utilizing marine collagen.